On this page we compare the best tablets currently on the market. By default, the following table is ordered by release date because newer models are more likely to meet your needs. But all the models earned a ‘buy’ rating from our independent reviewers.
- Click the tablet’s name to read a full review.
- Swipe or scroll the table to see more data.
- If the latest 10 options aren’t enough, you can change the number of entries shown.
Top Tablets Compared
|Tablet Model||Buy on Amazon||OS||Released||inch||GHz||RAM||HD||Cam||Bat Life||lbs|
|Microsoft Surface 2||Win 8.1 RT||2013-10||10.6||1.70||2.0||32||5.0||14.0||1.49|
|Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2||Android 4.4||2014-02||12.2||1.90||3.0||32||8.0||10.0||1.66|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0||Android 4.4||2014-04||8.0||1.20||1.5||16||3.0||9.0||0.70|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 3||Win 8.1 Pro||2014-05||12.0||1.90||4.0||64||5.0||7.0||1.76|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5||Android 4.4||2014-07||10.5||1.90||3.0||16||8.0||12.5||1.02|
|Sony Xperia Z3 Compact||Android 4.4||2014-10||8.0||2.30||3.0||16||8.1||13.0||0.59|
|Apple iPad Air 2||iOS 8.1||2014-10||9.7||1.30||1.0||16||8.0||10.0||0.96|
|Lenovo Yoga 2 8"||Android 4.4||2014-11||8.0||1.20||2.0||16||8.0||12.2||0.92|
|Asus Transformer Book T100 Chi||Win 8.1||2015-02||10.1||1.46||2.0||64||5.0||8.0||1.25|
|Microsoft Surface 3||Win 8.1||2015-05||10.8||1.60||2.0||64||8.0||9.0||1.37|
|Samsung Galaxy S2 8.0||Android 5.0||2015-09||8.0||1.90||3.0||32||8.0||7.5||0.58|
|Sony Xperia Z4||Android 5.0||2015-06||10.1||2.00||3.0||32||8.1||15.0||0.86|
|Asus ZenPad S 8.0||Android 5.0||2015-06||8.0||2.33||2.0||16||8.0||8.0||0.65|
|LG G Pad II 8-inch||Android 5.0||2015-08||8.0||1.20||1.5||16||5.0||9.0||0.76|
|HP Stream 7||Win 8.1||2014-09||7.0||1.33||1.0||32||2.0||7.0||0.78|
|Apple iPad Pro||iOS 9||2015-09||12.9||1.30||32.0||32||8.0||10.0||1.57|
|Apple iPad Mini 4||iOS 9||2015-09||7.9||1.50||2.0||16||8.0||10.0||0.65|
|Google Pixel C||Android 6.0||2015-10||10.2||1.70||3.0||32||8.0||10.5||1.13|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and A 9.7||Android 5.0||2015-03||8.0||1.20||1.5||16||5.0||12.0||0.69|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and A 9.7||Android 5.0||2015-03||9.7||1.20||2.0||16||5.0||12.0||0.99|
|VTech InnoTab Max||Proprietary||2014-12||7.0||1.40||0.5||8||2.0||6.0||0.00|
|LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum||Proprietary||2015-07||7.0||1.00||0.5||8||2.0||5.0||1.44|
|Nabi Jr.||Blue Morpho||2014-12||5.0||1.20||1.0||8||2.0||5.5||0.80|
|Dragon Touch 7"||Android 4.4||2015-02||7.0||1.20||1.0||8||2.0||5.0||0.55|
|Amazon Fire HD 8||Fire OS 5||2015-09||8.0||1.50||1.0||8||5.0||8.0||0.69|
|Amazon Fire Kids Edition||Fire OS 5||2015-09||7.0||1.30||1.0||8||2.0||7.0||0.89|
|Samsung Galaxy View 18.4||Android 5.1.1||2015-10||18.4||1.60||2.0||32||8.0||8.0||5.84|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 4||Win 10||2015-10||12.3||2.40||4.0||128||8.0||9.0||1.69|
|HP Pro Tablet||Win 10||2015-08||7.9||1.44||4.0||64||8.0||8.0||0.93|
|Amazon Fire HD 10||Fire OS 5||2015-09||10.0||1.50||1.0||16||5.0||8.0||0.95|
|Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro 10″||Android 5.1||2015-09||8.0||2.24||2.0||32||13.0||18.0||1.47|
|Samsung Galaxy TabPro S||Win 10||2016-03||12.0||2.20||4.0||128||5.0||10.5||1.53|
|VAIO Z Canvas 12.3″||Win 10||2016-01||12.3||2.20||16.0||512||8.0||7.0||2.67|
|Apple iPad Pro 9.7||iOS 9.3||2016-04||9.7||2.16||2.0||256||12.0||10.0||0.96|
|Huawei Matebook||Win 10||2016-06||12.0||2.70||4.0||128||5.0||5.0||1.41|
|Chuwi Hibook 10.1||Win 10/A5.1||2016-04||10.1||1.84||4.0||64||5.0||7.0||1.21|
|Microsoft Surface Pro (2017)||Win 10||2017-06||12.3||2.60||4.0||128||8.0||13.5||1.73|
|Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 310||Win 10||2016-07||10.1||1.92||2.0||64||5.0||12.0||1.28|
|Cube i9||Win 10||2016-05||12.2||1.51||4.0||128||5.0||10.0||2.13|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1||Android 6.0||2016-06||10.1||1.60||2.0||16||8.0||15.0||1.16|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 (2016)||Fire OS 5||2016-10||8.0||1.30||1.5||16||2.0||12.0||0.75|
|Huawei MediaPad M3||Android 6.0||2016-10||8.4||2.30||4.0||32||8.0||10.0||0.70|
|Apple iPad Pro 10.5||iOS 10||2017-06||10.5||2.38||4.0||64||12.0||10.0||1.03|
|Samsung Galaxy Book||Win 10||2017-07||12.0||3.10||8.0||256||13.0||11.0||1.66|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017)||Fire OS 5||2017-06||8.0||1.30||1.5||16||2.0||12.0||0.75|
|Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017)||Fire OS 5||2017-09||10.1||1.80||2.0||32||2.0||10.0||1.10|
|Microsoft Surface Book 2||Win 10||2017-11||15.0||1.90||16.0||256||8.0||17.0||4.20|
|Apple iPad 2018||iOS 12||2018-03||9.7||2.34||2.0||32||8.0||10.0||1.03|
|Huawei MediaPad M5||Android 8.1||2018-03||8.4||2.40||4.0||64||13.0||15.0||0.68|
|Lenovo Thinkpad X1||Win 10||2018-05||13.0||1.90||8.0||256||8.0||9.5||1.69|
|Microsoft Surface Go||Win 10||2018-08||10.0||1.60||4.0||64||8.0||9.0||1.15|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5||Android 8.1||2018-08||10.5||1.80||3.0||32||8.0||15.0||1.17|
|Amazon Fire HD 8 (2018)||Fire OS 6.3||2018-10||8.0||1.30||1.5||16||2.0||10.0||0.80|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 6||Win 10||2018-10||12.3||1.60||8.0||128||8.0||13.5||1.70|
|Barnes & Noble Nook 10.1”||Android 8.1||2018-11||10.1||1.50||2.0||32||2.0||8.5||1.05|
|Apple iPad Pro 12.9"||iOS 12||2018-11||12.9||6.0||64||12.0||10.0||1.40|
|Google Pixel Slate||Chrome OS||2018-11||12.3||8.0||64||8.0||12.0||1.60|
|Apple iPad Mini 2019||iOS 12.1.3||2019-03||7.9||1.59||3.0||64||8.0||10.0||0.66|
|Samsung Galaxy View||Android 5.1 Lollipop||2019-04||18.4||1.60||3.0||64||8.0||6.0||5.80|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e||Android 9.0||2019-02||10.5||2.00||6.0||64||13.0||15.0||0.88|
|Samsung Galaxy Book 2||Win 10 Home||2017-02||0.0||3.10||8.0||256||13.0||10.5||1.58|
|Tablet Model||Buy on Amazon||OS||Released||inch||GHz||RAM||HD||Cam||Bat Life||lbs|
The Best Tablets for Home Use
“Who has the best tablet?” That tends to be the question parents ask in electronics shops. Is it Apple? Samsung? Sony? It’s also the question kids ask each other. Who has the best tablet, Jack or Dave?
The answer depends on how you plan to use your tablet around the home. Is it to surf the internet before going to bed? Reading Twitter for live reactions to TV shows? Facetime or Skype? Or is it to play Angry Birds? We’ve gathered a list of some of the top tablets that will suit almost any situation in the home.
The iPad Air 2
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.
- Apple iOS 8; 9.7-Inch Retina Display; 2048x1536 Resolution
- A8X Chip with 64-bit Architecture; M8 Motion Coprocessor
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac): 16 GB Capacity: 2GB RAM
- 8 MP iSight Camera; FaceTime HD Camera - Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life
The iPad Air 2 is a beautiful device that has great features – it’s fast, light, has a wonderful screen and has an unbeatable range of apps. It’s got a fingerprint scanner, good camera, and is light enough to hold for hours.
The drawbacks aren’t with the device itself, but with the price (you pay the Apple premium) and the fact that you have to join the Apple ecosystem. What does that mean? It means that it’s hard to move from an Apple tablet to a different brand in the future, since it will have all your photos, apps, passwords etc stored on it or in the iCloud.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer.
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS, 1.9 GHz Exynos 5 Octa Processor (1.9 GHz Quad Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core)
- 16 GB Flash Memory, 3 GB RAM Memory
- Camera: 8MP Rear with LED Flash + 2.1MP Front
- Super AMOLED Display with 2560x1600 WQXGA Resolution
There’s one thing that people always talk about when they mention the Galaxy Tab S – the screen. It’s simply breathtaking. Whether you’re looking through your family photos or streaming Family Guy, this tablet will only add to the pleasure.
It’s a premium product that stands toe-to-toe with the Apple range. If you’ve got the budget, this will take pride of place in your home, whether it’s in the office or living room. And since the screen is so good, it’s one of the few tablets that you’ll be able to enjoy in the glare of the sun – perfect for warm days in the garden.
Microsoft Surface 3
- Intel Atom x7-z8700 (1. 60 GHz); 10. 8in 1920 x 1280
- 4 GB memory 128 GB SSD
- Front-facing camera 3. 5 MP; rear camera
- Windows 10 Pro; Wi-Fi + 4G; silver
This is one of the best hybrid tablets – stick it onto the keyboard (sold separately) and it turns into a laptop. Such flexibility makes the Microsoft Surface 3 a perfect home use tablet. It’s as easy to watch a movie on it as it is to update a spreadsheet.
The kickstand is useful, too. Being so adjustable adds a lot of value in terms of the uses it can be put to in the home.
There are newer, more powerful models out, but at twice the price. For now, this stays our choice for general family life.
Amazon Fire HD7
- 7-inch tablet screen, 1200x1920 (323 ppi), LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Powerful 3950 mAh battery, 10 hours, 15Wh Li-polymer Battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064 Quad-Core, 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 2GB, 1.2 MP Front Camera, 5 MP Rear Camera, Auto focus (rear), Large f2.4 aperture. (rear camera)
Unique profiles for every family member, safe content sharing (no social media for the kids!) and tens of thousands of games, movies, and apps suitable for children make this a dream tablet for parents. For older family members, there’s easy streaming of content from the tablet to a big screen.
The Fire HD7 is fantastic value for money, too, being much cheaper than the other models.
NeuTab N7S Pro (2016 Version)
- Enhanced performance: Featuring a powerful and robust quad core processor, plus 1 GB DDR3 RAM, NeuTab N7s Pro ensures quick app launches and ultra-smooth gaming. Android 5.1 Lollipop enables quicker multitasking without sacrificing its performance.
- Beautiful Display: Ideal for watching HD movies, playing games, browsing the web, or reading and you experience rich graphics, bright colors, and crisp text, all in this 7 inch 178 degree viewing IPS screen. Upgraded IPS displays provide more richer color and 2x wider viewing angles than the previous TN screen.
- Stay connected: Built-in Bluetooth allows easy pairing with speakers, keyboard, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices which makes your N7S Pro tablet powerful multi-media. Built-in Wi-Fi enables you stay connected on the go and fast web browsing.
- Expanded storage: An 8GB nand flash enables you to download thousands of apps from Google Play Store. Micro SD card slot allows expanding extra space to store songs, videos, photos and other files.
- Local supported customer service: NeuTab offers 1 year manufacturer defect warranty. Also our US-based local customer service and tech support ensures quick response to your questions via email and local phone call. Feel free to contact us whenever a question pops up in your head, we are always here to help.
This item is rarely reviewed by major tech sites, but has quietly become one of the best-selling tablets in America. It’s got good enough specs – quad core, Android 4.4, an HD display of 1024×600, but its main selling point is its price.
At $49.99 (at time of review) it’s staggeringly affordable. It solves the problem of having two children sharing, and if Dad wants to check his Fantasy Football lineup, well why not buy three?!
Amazingly, and uniquely at that price point, it comes with Bluetooth, and Google Play is pre-installed. It is also one of the best value tablets with USB ports.
The NeuTab N7S Pro isn’t a high-performance machine, but most people don’t need one. Given the price and the range of options you can use it for, the N7 Pro might just be handy to have around the home.