Tablets out of the Middle Kingdom have been improving in leaps and bounds – but which is right for you?
Chinese tablets have become incredibly popular over the last couple of years. They have always been much cheaper than their Western counterparts, but the low price of these devices isn’t the only thing that the Chinese now have to offer.
On the contrary, Chinese tablets are becoming better and better each year, performance and design-wise, while maintaining their competitive price.
Chinese designers and manufacturers have been flooding the Western market with their affordable and well-performing devices and they have certainly managed to gain market share in the process.
What follows is our list of the top Chinese tablets.
1. Huawei Matebook
- Premium & Stylish: Metallic unibody in Mystic Silver, only 0.62-inch thin and 3.5 pounds
- Maximized productivity: Full-size chiclet backlit keyboard, largest possible clickpad for a 14-inch notebook, USB-C, USB-A, HDMI ports, and 57.4 Whr large capacity battery packed in slim body
- Fast & Powerful: Windows 10 Signature Edition comes clean with no bloatware to slow you down and powered by an AMD R5 processor
- Touch Screen: Ultra-slim bezel at only 5.2mm, 1920x1080 Full High Definition (FHD), 16:9 wide IPS LCD display
- Home Theatre Sound: Dolby ATMOS Sound System quad-speaker and split frequency setup with sounds that flow above and around you for an immersive experience
The perfect tablet that has multipurpose features and can be a full-fledged mobile office is this Huawei Matebook. Not only is it thin and sleek but also portable enough to be easily carried around in a bag.
It is priced a bit expensively but with so many relevant features for the long term, this is a great purchase.
- Intel Core i5 or i7-U processors 7th-gen
- Memory: 4-8GB LPDDR3
- 13 inch IPS display
- Screen resolution: 2160×1440 pixel-216 ppi
- Weight: 1kg
- 512GB PCI-E SSD
- Camera: Front 0.0 and Back 5.0 MP
- Operating system: Windows 10
- It has an ultra light and portable design.
- Superb screen quality and resolution.
- Great audio speakers with clarity and high maximum volume.
- Silent running.
- Bright with vibrant colors.
- It is a fast machine.
- Gets quite hot while it is on charge.
- Quality of webcam and the microphone is poor.
- No fan for cooling.
- Slightly expensive
- Quit a heavy duty laptop.
- Only one USB 3.1 type-C connector.
Overall, this tablet has everything one could ask for. Not only is it a good looking device, but is highly durable and can also work in the long term. With a decent battery that goes on for 5 hours at least, this is a great tablet to buy.
Most users are satisfied with this machine since Huawei is also a known brand in the best Chinese tablets in the industry.
2. Chuwi Hibook 10.1
- Android 8.0 System--The new Android 8.0 OS decreases mounts of storage space required for apps and improves runtime device performance.
- MediaTek MT6797X Helio X27--MT6797X provides three processor clusters,The premium MediaTek Helio X27 features a maximized clock frequency across all three clusters, with an unequaled maximum of 2.6GHz on the powerful ARM Cortex-A72 cluster.The graphics unit ARM Mali-T880 875MHz.
- 2K resolution and dual camera--2K resolution brings you high contrast and more vivid visual experience.5.0MP front camera and 5.0MP back camera allows you to capture memorable moments or chat with friends.
- 3GB RAM 32GB ROM --3G large RAM to keep system running properly. Also 32G ROM can fully support all your apps and media needs.
- Dual Band 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz WiFi--More bands for you to choose. 2.4GHz Band is better at penetrating obstacles while 5GHz band will offer faster connection speeds.
This tablet is from the popular brand (and one of the best Chinese tablet makers) Chuwi. It works perfectly as a hybrid focused tablet and great battery running time of 5-7 hours.
- Screen Size: 10.1 inches
- Screen Resolution: 2560×1600
- Hard Drive: 64 GB
- Wireless Type: 802.11bgn
- 4GB DDR3L RAM/64GB eMMC ROM
- Average Battery Life: 5 hours
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Operating System: Windows 10, Android 5.1 dual boot
- Rear Webcam Resolution: 5 MP
- Intel Cherry Trail Quad-Core Processor
- 8th generation HD graphics
- Flash Memory Size: 64 GB
- 10.1 inch Ultra HD display
- There is an option for expanding storage up to 128GB.
- It has a full laminated display screen.
- It is a light weight and sophisticated design.
- The device can be switched between Android or Windows with just a single “tap”
- Connectivity is great with 4.0 Bluetooth and 802.11 WiFi.
- Only be used for basic work or else it puts strain on the laptop.
This is a good device given the very affordable price range, it is a great deal. It has quite helpful features and is quite a fast and capable machine.
Moreover the design is very sleek and most people wouldn’t even believe the price range! Most users recommended this product especially based on the value for money.
3. Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 Tablet
- 【2.5D Glass Display】Curved-edge 2.5D curved glass is now available on M5 android tablet. You will never worry about missing a detail with 10.8" 2560 x 1600 high-res display. The 82% screen-to-body ratio means you can enjoy a wider view than before
- 【Excellent Sound】Quad stereo speakers tuned and certified by Harman/Kardon provide a paramount audio and video experience, as well as support HiFi headphones.The HUAWEI Histen audio creates a perfect sounds cape to give you 3D sound that is richer, more layered and penetrating
- 【Pure. Simple. Stylish】M5's curved metal body creates an elegant and beautiful industrial design that is remarkable for its simplicity. M5 android tablet that boasts a proprietary Kirin 960 series octa-core chipset and stable Wi-Fi network connectivity. F2.2 & 13 MP Rear camera；F2.2 & 8 MP Front camera. 4G RAM + 64G ROM
- 【Quick Charge】It takes only 2.9 hrs to get M5 fully charged. Its 7500 mAh (TYP) battery and Smart Power-Saving technology allow you to enjoy 1080P videos to 11 hours.(Depending on the using environment, such as screen brightness)
- 【Smart UI】EMUI 8.0 (Based on Android 8.0), Advanced fingerprint recognition
This device is the absolute mimic of the famous apple iPad. This is from one of the best Chinese tablet makers, Xiaomi which is quite a popular name.
Not only is the device extremely sleek and nice looking it also provides a good user experience, as most people who have use this device are extremely satisfied.
The best part about this tablet according to most users is that it combines (almost) all the features of an iPad at such a affordable price with quality and durability.
- Runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system
- Already installed calendar, alarm, OTG, light sensing system and so on.
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless capabilities
- Bluetooth 4.0
- USB cable: 1
- Power Adapter: 1
- RAM: 4 GB
- Battery capacity: 6600mAh
- Internal memory of 64GB
- CPU: MTK8176 Hexa Core
- 13 MP rear camera
- 2 speakers with 3.5mm audio jack and microphones
- 0.3280 kg weight
- Thickness: 7.14mm
- The device is well built with eye level screen.
- Ultra lightweight and comfortable to hold.
- 2048×1536 resolution enhances the clarity and the color of the screen.
- Long battery life that can easily go on for at least 10 hours!
- Maximum volume is not loud enough.
- Problems with volume control.
- No expansion for MicroSD storage.
- Only usable with full brightness.
- Basic 5volt 2A charger
- No Camera setting
- Poor quality camera
Overall, it is a great device if you are looking for something affordable with basic features related to an iPad and something that is light weight and portable and can be carried. This is an ideal device for such purposes. It is a great device for value for money.
4. Chuwi Hi13
- 2 in 1 Tablet 10.1 inch FHD display--Chuwi HI10 AIR 2 in 1 Tablet is a cost-effective notebook equipped with a 10.1 inch FHD display with full IPS screen, brings your photos and videos to life.
- Powered by Intel Core processor--Featuring Gen 8 graphics processor, ensures high performance. 64GB huge hard disk storage brings you smooth using experience. 2.4GHz/ 802.11b/g/n WiFi supported, ensures you high-speed surfing.
- Microsoft Windows 10 OS--Offers more powerful performance brings you more smooth and wonderful user experience.Intel Cherry Trail X5 Z8350 Quad Core max up to 1.92GHz.Ultra-low-voltage platform and quad-core processing provide maximum high-efficiency power.
- 2.0MP front camera and Face-to-face Chat--allows you to capture memorable moments or chat with friends.You can connect the device to an HDTV or high-definition monitor to set up two screens side by side or just enlarge pictures.
- Integrated all-metal body, support for H2 stylus and keyboard,ultra-thin body, long battery life.Extended storage max up to 128GB with TF card provides for users who needs more storage.
Chuwi is a brand name known for their high quality products especially their screens is remarkable. The main focus and specialty remains on providing excellent quality screen size and resolution so to enhance your user experience.
Most users who have this tablet were extremely satisfied and recommended it to other for its quality of features and durability.
- Intel HD 500 GPU / 12 EU cores
- CPU: Intel Apollo Lake Celeron N3450 2.2Ghz, quad-core
- Intel Wireless-AC 3165
- Processing system: Windows 10
- Transformer style keyboard dock
- Tablet weight: 1.1 kilos
- keyboard weight: 900 grams
- Bluetooth 4.1
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM clocked to 1600Mhz
- Excellent screen with 13.5-inch display and resolution of 3000×2000 pixels.
- Great connectivity with wireless and Bluetooth options.
- It has HiPen H1 and HiPen H3 styluses, which is sensitive to 1024 levels of pressure.
- It can be used in modes such as laptop, tent or stand.
- Fan less design makes it the quietest laptop.
- Camera: Front 2.0 and Back 5.0 MP
- Weight: 1.08 kg or 2.38 lbs
- Battery life: 7.0 hours
- The machine is not very fast.
- The quality and sounds of audio is unimpressive.
- Lack of full sized port on the tablet.
It is a great tablet if you are looking for something on a budget with Windows already installed and something that can be easily carried – this is the one for you.
Not only does it have a good long running battery life but it is portable and light weight as well and very user friendly.
5. Lenovo Miix 510
- 2-IN-1 LAPTOP: This convertible laptop includes a detachable keyboard and unique watchband hinges that adjust up to 150°, helping you find the perfect viewing angle for work or play
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: 12-inch Detachable has a vibrant, full high-definition touchscreen display with Dolby-enabled stereo speakers, perfect for binge watching on the couch or listening to your favorite music
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: This portable computer is equipped with an Intel Core i5 processor for blazing-fast performance, plus an 8 hour battery life to suit your life on-the-go
- INTEGRATED CAMERA: Snap high-quality photos with the rear-facing 5 MP camera, video chat with friends and keep background noise at bay with the dual-array microphone with noise-cancellation technology
- MAXIMUM CREATIVITY: Capture your imagination by writing and drawing directly on the screen with the Lenovo Active Pen, or use the integrated precision touchpad which can respond to the lightest of touches or the firmest of clicks
This is a brilliant tablet that is a 2 in 1 convertible laptop which has a detachable keyboard which can be used for personal as well as professional use.
Most people who use this laptop were quite satisfied and recommended this product based on its ease of use and durability.
- Screen Size: 12.2 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- Processor: 2.3 GHz None
- RAM: 4 GB DDR4
- Hard Drive: Flash Memory Solid State
- Card Description: Integrated
- USB 3.0 Ports: 1
- Flash Memory Size: 128.0
- Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA-600
- 12 inch Laptop gives great quality picture and resolution.
- Dolby stereo speakers give brilliant sound quality.
- Rear facing 5 MP Camera is the perfect quality for pictures or video chat.
- Dual array microphone and noise cancellation makes audio/video calling free of disturbances.
- Draw directly on the screen with Lenovo active pen.
- Relatively a light weight design.
- The battery dies out fast.
- The touchpad might be uncomfortable to use.
This tablet is not just a really fast machine but also has great features such as a sharp looking screen with great picture quality. If you are looking for a convertible tablet, then this is a great Chinese tablet to purchase.
6. Cube i9 Windows 10 Ultrabook
This is a highly efficient hybrid machine with great power efficiency and superior resolution. The screen is made of superior quality and has no flickering problems whatsoever.
Most users who have this machine were completely satisfied and considered this as one of the best Chinese tablets to buy.
- Operating system: Windows 10
- CPU: m3-6Y30 – 1.51 GHz
- Storage: 128 GB
- RAM: 4 GB
- Display: IPS – 12.2 inch
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200 px – 185 ppi
- Camera: Front 2.0 / Back 5.0 MP
- Weight: 0.97 kg / 2.13 lbs
- Intel HD Graphics 515 GPU
- Great looking design.
- Excellent ergonomics.
- 12.2 inches of the display touch screen gives superior quality of picture.
- One of the best display quality in hybrid tablets.
- Great battery life that goes on for at least 10 hours at a stretch.
- There is no stylus or keyboard dock included in the package.
- Quiet creaking noises, when the tablet is twisted.
- Cooling design is not very efficient.
This is a great tablet to buy, that is not very expensive but falls in the mid price range category and is perfect for business and personal uses – whether you want to watch movies, listen to music or use it for gaming, this machine is ideal for it!
7. Teclast X5 Pro
This is perhaps hands-down one of the best Chinese tablets available to buy. It is a great quality tablet by Teclast which can be considered as a high-end machine. The tablet is a sleek looking design made with glass and metal with tapered edges to give stability to the device.
Most people who use this laptop gave it a high star rating due to its superior performance and high quality.
- Operating system: Windows 10
- CPU: M3-7Y30- 1.0GHz
- Storage: 256GB
- RAM: 8GB
- Display: IPS 12.2 inch
- Resolution: 1920×1200 pixels/185 ppi
- Camera Front 2 and Back 5 MP
- Weight: 0.91 kg or 2 lbs
- Battery life: 5 hour
- Made with solid quality materials and design.
- Superior display of screen
- Great connectivity with 4.0 Bluetooth and wireless connections.
- Equipped with microphones and speakers.
- The keyboard is of low quality and not very sturdy.
- The battery life is pretty average of only around 5 hours.
It is an extremely useful device which is really fast and powerful that will get your work done, whether it office related or you just want to play games or make videos – this device is perfect in all aspects as it is good value for money.
This above is not an exhaustive list, there are plenty of other brands and devices which you can choose from. The Chinese brands have improved their quality of products and are effectively competing with the mainstream electronic devices in the market.
Their products are available for buying on a budget as well as for high-end electronic devices. The user reviews are also quite positive as most users are quite satisfied with the performance of the tablets.
Every user has a different requirements and a preference, some people might like a convertible device, for which Lenovo Miix 510 is a great option to buy. Some people prefer a lightweight design, for that there are many options to choose from. With so many designs, features and varieties, there is something affordable for everyone to buy!
We hope this list of the 7 Best Chinese Tablets help you make the right choice!
Also Check Out
Teclast Tbook 11 2-in-1
Dual boot tablets have become pretty popular lately and the Chinese have produced their own fair share of these devices. Teclast Tbook 11 is one of the best Chinese dual boot tablets that has just about everything a casual user could ask for and a little more.
Both operating systems run perfectly fine on this compact, well-built device. A large number of ports, decent battery life and the light, removable keyboard make this tablet one of the best devices within the price range.
Low quality cameras are something we’re used to with Chinese tablets and Teclast Tbook 11 doesn’t deliver in this department either. This could maybe be a turn off for some users, but not a lot of us use tablets for photography anyway.
Visually stunning, mostly thanks to the large, vivid screen, Chuwi’s Hi12 is another dual boot Surface clone that offers more than decent performance.
The wonderfully colourful display and the highly responsive touchscreen (which, by the way, is as good as Microsoft Surface’s and iPad Pro’s touchscreen, if not better) guarantee a thrilling user experience.
What might hurt the overall user experience, however, is the lack of keyboard kickstand, which can sometimes make typing on the removable keyboard fairly uncomfortable. Great battery life, a large number of ports and the traditionally low price are, along with the display and touchscreen, the biggest pros of this model.
Vido W10 Elite
Vido W10 Elite is the perfect example of how and why Chinese tablets have been, slowly but surely, penetrating the Western market. The W10 Elite is China’s best effort to break onto the Windows tablet market so far.
Simple, yet robust design, a large number of ports, a great display, combined with good performance and decent battery life are the biggest pros of this model. On the other hand, the low quality speakers and bad cameras are the biggest cons of this device.
Although a tad bit more expensive than other Chinese tablets, the W10 Elite is, overall, a good Windows tablet that performs very well despite its flaws.