Not a lot is going on at the high end of the tablet market, so we’ve been slumming way down at the other end. Surprisingly, this Fusion5 isn’t half bad!
Layout and Looks
First impressions were good, it felt good in the hand, and it feels like a well-constructed tablet. The dimensions are 277.8 x 170 x 9.9mm, and it weights 580 grams. The back of the tablet is quite fingerprint-prone, but that is not a big issue.
On the top it has power and volume buttons, which are nicely placed and fully functional. The Fusion5 has a 2 MP front camera and 5 MP rear camera with Auto Focus, while two speakers are on the back and the mic is built-in.
- AMAZING VIEWER EXPERIENCE - This Fusion5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow tablet comes with a 10.6 inch 1920x1080 Full HD IPS screen allowing for an amazing viewer experience whether you are watching movies, web surfing, playing games or mulling over spreadsheets
- HUGE STORAGE SPACE & POWER -2GB RAM - the Fusion5 Android Tablet is perfect for multitude of uses. From an office workhorse to a games machine and a movie player! Further storage can also be added via a micro SD card (Supports upto a 128-gb TF-card) (not included).
- AMAZING OCTA-CORE CPU - the Octa-Core main processor and the Octa-Core graphic processor on this tablet ensures it's powerful than other Android tablets on the market today
- TAKE AMAZING PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - 2MP Front Camera and 5MP Rear Camera for the ultimate in camera technology to take that perfect photo or video
- 12 MONTHS US WARRANTY AT OUR US SERVICE CENTRE ASSISTANCE - Fusion5 is honouring warranties since 2011. We have the upmost confidence in our product range of tablets with Android - so much so that we offer a full 12 month US warranty period at our dedicated US service centres.
Horsepower, Storage & Display
The F5 is powered by the A83T Cortex A7 OctaCore clocked in at 1.8GHz. It has 2 GB of DDR3 SDRAM, and a 16 GB HDD. Those specs aren’t bad, but you wouldn’t expect much more at this price point.
The display is 1366 x 768 pixels in a 16:9 ratio. It’s bright, clear and the screen responds well to touch.
OS, UI and Included Software
The Fusion5 10.6″ comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, which proved to be quite easy to use and has the standard Android web browser and Google Chrome. This Google Android tablet offers a fantastic experience as you can download a bunch of apps and free games from the Google Play Store for entertainment.
Networking and Peripherals
The wireless type of this tablet is a standard 802.11 B/G, 802.11b/g/n, 802.11B, while it also includes Bluetooth.
There’s a micro USB Port, USB 2.0, TF Card Slot, Earphone Jack, HDMI, and DC In.
The HDMI output provides excellent picture quality. If you are not happy with only 16 GB, it’s not a problem because TF Card Slot can add up to 128 GB.
I’ve seen reports of people who had problems moving files from the in-built memory to the external card, but we couldn’t replicate that in our tests.
Performance in the Field
The rear camera does look good and creates accurate and colorful images. It supports all standard formats such as JPG, GIF, BMP, and PNG.
The display is very nice, while the graphics are rather satisfying with no visible problems while playing browser games, watching movies and YouTube videos. The 3.7V/7200mAh battery can last up to 6 hours, depending on what you’re doing, but make sure you adjust brightness to prolong its life.
Pros and Cons
- Large screen, very pleasant to watch
- Fast and responsive processor
- Multiple inputs
- Quality plastic
- Affordable price
- The charger is quite fragile
- No compatible cases to match some of the ports
The Ideal Buyer
The Fusion5 10.6″ is an excellent fit for the ones who are looking for a relatively cheap tablet that can provide a good mix of performance and entertainment. It also can do a lot to help with simple business tasks.
After the research we conducted on this model, the Fusion5 10.6″ turned out to be one of the best tablets for the given price range and if you find it at a good price, go ahead and buy it. Just don’t expect it to perform on a par with its $1,000 cousins.