Table of Contents
Last Updated on November 5, 2020
A second monitor attached to your laptop comes with some multiple function benefits that can be accrued, unlike when using a single monitor. iPad is some of the best devices for this kind of job. When deciding on which iPad or tablet to with as your second monitor, there are some aspects and specifications you need to pay close attention to.
First, you must consider the tablet or iPad screen size you consider to use as a second monitor.
Tablets and iPad’s come in various lengths depending on the function and use of the tablet. Here your taste and preference for screen size matter; there are tablets with a super screen size that can get attached to your laptop as a second monitor. Tablet screen size gets measure in inches and includes all the dimensions of length, width, and height.
The second item you need to consider when searching for a dual-screen monitor is the screen resolution. Screen resolution affects your graphical output to a great extent. Select the device that matches the screen resolution of your laptop.
Tablets and iPad come with crystal clear high graphic resolutions that vary from one device to the other. You must pay precise attention to screen resolution if you are looking for better output from your second screen monitor.
There are other minor factors you need to pay attention to for compatibility purposes with your primary device. Issues to do with the operating system are essential for compatibility; you do not wish to purchase a device that will not work with your laptop. If you are running an apple product, make sure first its compatible Android tablet you are about to purchase.
Below we have reviewed the best tablet to use as a second monitor, and we have laid down the details from large screen tablets to small tablets.
Best Tablet to Use as a Second Monitor in 2020
New Apple iPad 10.2 inch
This Apple iPad is among the newest release in the market, hitting the industry this year,2020. The new Apple iPad is quite affordable in pricing and a suitable device for those considering to upgrade from the old iPad mini.
The device comes with exciting features that make it stand out and easy to use as a second monitor. First, its screen size is quite broad, being a 10.2 inch in length. Another great feature of this iPad is its high-quality resolution of approximately 2,160 x 1620. If you like multitasking, the new Apple iPad is the right device for you as it comes with an inbuilt A12 processor capable of handling multiple apps at the same time.
Some of the advantages associated with this new apple iPad include:
- This device supports your 1st generation apple pencil; if you like scribbling and drawing objects on your screen, you do not have to buy an extra stylus pencil.
- The device comes with a new slick aluminum design, making it feel stylish and classy.
- The new Apple iPad comes with an enhanced security feature as it has an inbuilt touch id.
Similarly, just like any other device, the New Apple iPad has some shortcomings following the list:
- Some people consider the introductory price for this device a bit high and out of reach to many
Lenovo Tab 4 10 plus 10.1
It is a powerful device that comes with a screen size suitable for a different screen. With a wireless capability of 4G and a screen size of 9 x 6.7 x 0.3 inches makes Lenovo the best device for you.
This Lenovo device’s other features include robust memory support with 2 GB RAM and an external 32 GB ROM available for you. The Lenovo tablet also supports a Nano sim card and gets powered by the Android operating system.
Screen resolution is one feature that you do not need to compromise when deciding on the screen to go with; this Lenovo comes with a 1920 x 1200 resolution, making it one of the highest resolution for this kind of device.
- Lenovo Tab 4 comes with a high-quality inbuilt wireless, Bluetooth, and front and rear cameras with high-resolution capabilities.
- The tablet comes with multiple modes capabilities, and you can switch between kid’s mode and other modes. It translates to mean that your iPad has got equipped with a shock-resistant bumper.
- Lenovo Tab 4 only operates in the android operating system, leaving behind all users who use Apple products
- The device is a bit bulky, considering it weighs approximately 10.1 ounces.
Tablet 10 inch android 9.0 3G
Tablet 10 inch comes with Wi-Fi capability and 3G network support. It is an excellent device for a second screen due to several reasons. First, this tablet has a large screen of approximately 10.1 inches in length.
Secondly, it comes with a high monitor resolution display of about 800 x 1280, putting it among the best viewing devices. Thirdly, it gets well equipped with a robust android 9.0 operating system and a high-performance CPU.
- This device supports multi-function capability, and the tablet or iPad can run a host of applications making it the best second device monitor.
- The expandable storage size of approximately 128 GB serves the intended purpose for any person considering using two devices at a go.
- Its long-life battery is also another factor to consider with this tablet when deciding on your second monitor selection.
- Its complete standing screen display is yet another milestone for this tablet. It comes coupled with high-resolution graphics.
- The tablet 10 inch runs on the Android operating system locking out millions of iOS users. It means that your tablet will not be compatible with your other iOS devices.
- Also, this device is slightly bulky, as it weighs approximately 1.76 pounds.
Android Tablet 10 inch
It is yet another powerful device for use as a second screen due to its enhanced properties. First, the device comes with one of the powerful yet excellent processors with a speed of approximately 1.3 GH. Similarly, the device comes equipped with some of the latest expandable memory of up to 32 GB in ROM and a whopping 128 GB of additional memory.
As a suitable device for a second screen, screen resolution is paramount and non-negotiable. This tablet comes with a high definition 1280 x 800 screen resolution with a crystal clear display.
- The device comes with an inbuilt battery that has about 5 hours in mixed-mode use.
- The device supports multipurpose functions with a 3 G network capability.
- The device has a high-quality screen resolution of 1280 x 800 and comes with Mali 400 megapixel graphics processor.
- This tablet comes with a screen size measuring approximately 9.6 x 6.5 x 0.34 inches.
- The device only supports android operating systems, and it’s not compatible with iOS devices.
- The total weight of this tablet is approximately1.9 pounds, making it a bit bulky.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab A is an android run tablet that comes with an android nine pie operating system and one of the most suitable devices for a second screen. The device offers some of the best features and specifications, making it the best candidate for a second screen consideration.
First, the device comes with a large screen tablets size measuring approximately 10.1 inches with high definition graphic display and corner enhancement. Secondly, the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 device comes with a high sound enhancement, perfect for your sound and audio display. Its graphics are crystal clear, with a graphic resolution of approximately 1920 x 1200.
Based on the best tablet reviews, Samsung Galaxy Tab A has the best customer support.
- The device comes with an expanded memory of about 512 GB worth of space.
- The tablet comes with one of the most expansive screens for a tablet, measuring about 10.1 inches; hence a suitable tabled for a second screen.
- The Samsung Galaxy Ta A has one of the most extended battery life of approximately 13 hours.
- Like any other Samsung product, the device runs on the Android operating system, locking out millions of iOS users globally.
- Due to its large size, Samsung Galaxy Tab A is slightly bulky as it weighs about 3.84 ounces.
- This device is slightly expensive compared to other devices with similar specifications.
There are several factors to consider when selecting the tablet to choose as a second monitor. And as we have seen above, some aspects have stood out of the rest.
Based on the best tablet reviews, factors such as screen size, screen resolution make up some of the factors to consider in selecting the best tablet to use as a second monitor. Other people may consider weight as a factor and operating system for compatibility with your primary device.
Graphical resolution should never be compromised when selecting your secondary monitor as it plays a significant role in the quality of the output you will generate. Also, your tablet internal memory and other expandable memory should get considered before making that decision. A tablet with a super speed coprocessor is way better than another slow tablet put together. Lastly, please don’t lose your sight of battery life, as it is critical to the time you spend when using your tablet.
A great tablet will have a battery life that does not go below five hours. You do not want a second monitor that goes off in the middle of a serious task. Consider aspects such as Wi-Fi. Bluetooth and other add-ons as they allow your tablet to be multi-function. Secondly, they make your device easier to operate, considering usability is very critical in this kind of a setup.